UT Arlington’s History
UT Arlington’s tree-lined campus today encompasses 420 acres and more than 100 buildings in the center of the Dallas-Forth Worth Metroplex. In 1895, however, when UT Arlington was founded as a private institution named Arlington College, our campus housed only one original frame schoolhouse with 75 students. The institution underwent many changes over the next several decades from its inception, serving the community as a military college, vocational school, and an agricultural institution as part of the Texas A&M System. In 1967, Arlington State College was moved to the University of Texas System and named the University of Texas at Arlington. UT Arlington is now the second largest school in the UT System and is the seventh larges in the state of Texas.
*Maverick 101 A Counselor’s Guide to UT Arlington